Pre-Screening Process/Check In
- All patients will be pre-screened prior to their appointments via phone call, email, and/or text message using a checklist that addresses common COVID-19 symptoms.
- Upon check in, a pre-screen checklist will be filled out by our staff with all patients.
- Additionally, the patient’s temperature will be taken, as well as anyone accompanying the patient into the clinical areas.
- Parents will be encouraged to wait in their vehicles if they would like. We have implemented a restaurant-style pager system in order to notify parents when their child(ren)’s appointment is almost complete.
Sterilization and Disinfection
- We will continue to practice all universal precautions regarding infection control.
- In addition, hourly wipe downs of common areas, door handles, and restrooms will take place throughout the front office.
- All items have been removed that are difficult to clean such as magazines, toys, etc.
- To further minimize the number of patients in our buildings at one time, we will be extending our hours at Texas Pediatric Dentistry. This will allow for additional social distancing in the reception and clinical areas.
- We have added partitions between each chair in our open bays for patient isolation during appointments.
- Sneeze guards have been added at all check-in and check-out areas.
New, sophisticated aerosol evacuation systems are now in place in all our offices.
- We are now equipped with additional Isolite and Dryshield systems
- The Isolite and DryShield Systems provide isolation, evacuation of oral fluids, retraction of the cheeks, shielding of the tongue, protection of the airway, and a bite block. Isolation during dental procedures reduces the amount of aerosols generated during appointments.
- Each hygiene room at Stonebridge Ranch Dentistry now has PureVac evacuation systems installed. This system enables a one-handed approach to evacuate the patient’s oral cavity of aerosols, splatter, fluid, and debris, while also providing visibility and illumination to the treatment area.
- All chairs at Texas Pediatric Dentistry have built in ULPA (ultra low particulate air) collection systems.
- The chairs at Stonebridge Ranch Dentistry and TPD Smiles have mobile Healthy Air System units to use.
- Both of these aerosol evacuation systems extract contaminated air, directly from the source of generation, to improve air quality in the breathing zone and provide a safer working environment. The filtration process efficiently captures microscopic airborne particles, including dust, allergens, gasses, and odors. By extracting airborne aerosols, ultra-fine particles, and vapors directly from the breathing zone, the aerosol evacuation systems improve indoor air quality and helps protect doctors, staff, and patients.
- This video demonstrates aerosol production without the use of an aerosol evacuation system, and the amount of aerosol that is captured when an evacuation system is used. As apparent by the video, there is a huge difference!
- All reception area team members will wear masks while in the office.
- Sneeze guards have been provided for all front desk and check out areas.
- Clinical staff will wear surgical masks and face shields to protect mucous membranes of the eyes, nose, and mouth during procedures likely to generate splashing or spattering of blood or other body fluids.
- We have also provided reusable respirators to all clinical staff to wear during procedures that produce an increased amount of aerosols.
- Each clinical staff member will have a disposable or cloth mask to wear when not treating patients.
- Clinical staff will also have disposable gowns & disposable hair covers.